Pages

Followers

Friday, 8 October 2010

Polkadoodles challenge week 40 make your own embellishments

Hello and good morning to you... its Friday ! yay ! and its time for the next Polkadoodles challenge !
This week the theme is make your own embellishments...
This is my first Dt entry and I decided to go with a Pinwheel flower . This is made from your polkadoodles papers and is so easy to make . It looks great and you will always have a matching embelly to your card !
I am adding some photos for a tutorial type guide on how to make them...
Firstly you will need 9 circles from your papers , ( I printed both sides to match my card ) One circle you need to punch a small hole in the centre, and the rest will be folded as follows...


Fold your circle in half , then in half, then in half again



Glue all 8 of your circles around the punched hole on the remaining ninth circle , add a brad to the centre ( I also used a spacer from my stash , just for decoration)...Et Voila !!




Attach to your card ...how simple is that. I have glued it to an addition larger circle base for contrast and added to my card with a few die cut swirls.








The Papers are from the Polkadoodle s "sugar Birdies" cd , Lulu the ladybug, as is the sentiment ..I just stamped a sentiment from one of the Flutterby Fairies stamps, in it (perfect !) and the dotty paper is from the Sundae of Seasons cd.
So go on , why not give it a go... and if you are looking for more delecible dt ideas , click here...
 http://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/  ..
 Thanks for looking today , hope you'll pop back soon ..
 {hugs] Lis xx







2 comments:

  1. Hello Lis. I haven't had time to say welcome to the Polkadoodle team. I love your card and folded flowers. We're all excited to have you aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks so easy but I bet you I get glue everywhere!

    ReplyDelete