Pages

Followers

Saturday, 25 August 2012

My Time to Craft- Christmas in August

Hello my lovelies...its the weekend!!! and a bank holiday weekend at that.. you know what that means..? yep ! rain! lol!
anyway, a little something out of season today... I really need to crack on with the Christmas cards.. I did quite well last year, so hopefully I can do the same  again... 
well. I digress.. here is my card using the Mulberry Wood stamps. I love these..



the image is called Christmas Wishes , coloured with my Spectrums... the papers are from the Mulberry Wood cd, and I have simply made the papers grey by using the Colouriser. the die is a Memory Box die, I think it looks quite striking in black, and I have cut it out 4 times to create a frame round the image. I have used mainly IG1-8 and DG3 and LG1-2 and DR4 and CR3 for the cardinals.. Then I went for a red button to pick up on them. the sentiment is from the stamp set. 

 I picked out the snow with a white pen, and added a little glitter.
so, I would like to enter this in..
1.My time to craft- Christmas in August
2.Great Impressions - Anything with animals
3.Just Keep On Creating - Christmas is around the corner
4.Mema's Crafts - Anything goes with a twist of red
5.A Gem of a challenge - Animals or teddies
6.Crafty Ann's Challenge blog - Christmas in August or Winter Olympics.
7.willow sketchie- Sketch/or Christmas
Thanks for joining me this weekend.. I have a short shift at work today, then a long bank holiday weekend..yay! 
see ya soon!
hugs xx

20 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card. Your colouring is fab and I love your use of die cuts.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this!!! On with Poppets at the mo but now I've seen this I'm gonna have to be quick and get my Mulberry Wood out! LOL!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww such a sweet image , love the color combo
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, such a cute image and I love the colours and the way you have used the MB die looks so effective

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Lis, love the image, so cute. You might like to enter this into my current challenge "Christmas in August" at Willow Sketchie too. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great Christmas card! I love the black die cut border, and the image couldn't be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very striking card, I love the black die cuts. Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is super, Love the colours you have gone for. Been following your cards on the Spectrum Noir blog too, they are super. Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya, thanks for the lovely comments, we'll have to get together sometime now that I know you're only in Hornsea...nice to meet you as such! lol Love your card, the image looks fab in black and white and those memory box die's are fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this card is perfect. I love everything about the card to include the little red birds which I hope are cardinals (my home state bird)The non-traditional colors really inspire me. I can't wait to see more of your work. Thanks for sharing with us at Mema's Crafts and we hope you will come back often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card! Love the LO and the image and sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us at My Time to Craft.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!:)

    I've been trying to send you a email, but I think the one who's in you FB log is wrong..or? I get error, when I try to send you these links!:)
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute raccoon image and a great layout-thanks for joining us at the Great Impressions Stamps animal challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card hun & such a sweet image...

    Thanks for joining us at Gem of a Challenge & good luck!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, love it! Thanks for sharing with Willow Sketchie this week.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card, sweet image. Great JOB!~
    Thanks for sharing with Willow Sketchie Challenge.
    -Sony WSC-DT
    sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love everything about this card, it has all come together perfectly, love it.

    Thanks so much for sharing your card at Christmas is just around the corner at Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello again :)

    couldn't find anywhere to email you. I have chosen you as the featured artist for this fortnight, come on over to just keep on creating to check out the details. Also can you please email me from my sidebar for details on how to claim your prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, that stamp is just gorgeous :-) I found your Blog through someone else and just had to come look at this. FABULOUS :-D I'm off to see if I can buy that stamp now xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete