Pages

Followers

Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Bella & Bronte's Clubhouse tutorial

Hello my lovelies.... I have a treat for you all today....
 I have rustled up a tutorial to share over at the Bella & Bronte clubhouse on FB, and wanted to give to give you an in depth guide to the step by step...
 I took a brave leap really, as I have printed on watercolour cardstock, and coloured the image up with my Spectrum Noir pens & pencils.... that in itself is a new thing for me. But then, I wanted to use my new fabby SN Aquatints ( hence the reason I printed on the watercolour CS) and I was a little nervous how the printed ink would fair if the CS got wet..??? 
this is how I went about it.... 
First I coloured up this  cute pair,"Snow Pals"  starting on the face....


I used FS4,5,6 pencils:006,009,029,091




Then I started on the clothes.....
I used IG,3,4,blender for the fur, BT4& 5 for the coat, using pencils 62,63,38,69,70,and on the scarf  CT3,GB3,DG3,CG4,3,and pencil 57.To finish the boots I used BG4,5,6 and 102 pencil.Next I used HB3&1,38,79,83 on the penguins scarf, DR7,5,& 23 on his hat. For the penguin I used IG 5&4, and GB3& 2 on his tummy.
whilst using the pencils I made sure that I worked right up over the printed lines, and finished by using my 001 pencil(white) all the way round , creating a wax "seal" to the printed ink...



Now for the fun bit, I literally swished a wash of night sky colours all the way round my image .These Aquatints are really so rich and easy to use.



Allowing the finished water coloured area to dry a little I splashed a few spots of clean water over the image, and dabbed it off with clean kitchen roll, this created a nice bit of interest the back ground



So finished I dotted a flurry of white snow flakes with my Posca pen, and added the essential scattering of glitter. I trimmed the image and mounted onto black CS, adding a Christmassy sentiment to compltete my project. I had a fabulous time, and I do hope you like it??? 

Its not a Xmas card with out a bit of sparkle.... 
I hope this will have given you a little inspiration to get those Xmas cards finished, good luck! 
So, I'd just like to enter this in the following challenges...
1.CRAFT Challenge - Christmas 
2.Crafty Catz- Christmas is coming 
3.Dream Valley - Anything goes
4.Inky Impressions - Animals
5.Love to create - Christmas 
6.The Crazy Challenge - Fav technique ( pens with pencils on top) 

Thanks for popping over, I was getting kinda lonely of late. please drop in again, I have lots of exciting posts to share
 hugs xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic tutorial Lis! That background looks so amazing. YAY for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful!!! I love this card!! And...Aquatints...I'm going to Google them right now. How is it that I don't have these? hehe!! Your tutorial is fabulous...beautifully written and easy to understand! And what a gorgeous background! I'm going to try that!!! Thank you!! You rock, girlfriend!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, loving the background :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully coloured and I love your background.

    Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! love the colouring! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully Stunning Card & Great Tutorial!! I've never heard of Aquatints, must look them up! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Love to Create: Make it for Christmas Challenge!! We Hope you will come back and play along with us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina
    LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love your coloring and the background you created for the sweet image. Thank you for joining our "Make it for Christmas" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  10. a gorgeous card. thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete